Privacy + Cookies Policy
Who I am and how to contact me
I am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the following carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it. By visiting banjodesign.co.uk or communicating with me, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information I collect from you
I will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give me. This is information about you that you give me by filling in forms on my site banjodesign.co.uk (my site) or by corresponding with me by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use my site, subscribe to or purchase my services, apply to become a member or licence holder and when you report a problem with my site. The information you give me may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information I collect about you when you visit my website. With regard to each of your visits to my site I will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from my site (including date and time), page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call me.
- Information I receive from other sources. This is information I receive about you if you use any of the other websites I operate or the other services I provide. In this case I will have informed you when I collected that data if I intend to share those data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. I will also have told you for what purpose I will share and combine your data. I may work closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers and search information providers). I will notify you when I receive information about you from them and the purposes for which I intend to use that information.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that I store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
I use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of my website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of my website.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow me to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around my website when they are using it. This helps me to improve the way my website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to my website. This enables me to personalise my content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to my website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. I will use this information to make my website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. I may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of my site.
Uses made of the information
I use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to me. I will use this information:
- to carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and me and to provide you with the information and services that you request from me;
- to provide you with information about other services I offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about;
- to provide you with information about services I feel may interest you. If you are an existing user, I will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of communication by you. If you are a new user, I will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you are willing to consent for me to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which I collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to my service; and
- to ensure that content from my site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information I collect about you. I will use this information:
- to administer my site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve my site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of my service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of my efforts to keep my site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of content I serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant content to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of my site about services that may interest you or them.
- Information I receive from other sources. I will combine this information with information you give to me and information I collect about you. I will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information I receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that I have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract I enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist me in the improvement and optimisation of my site.
I will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that I assign any entity or assets, in which case I will disclose your personal data to the prospective assignee.
- If I am under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply my terms and conditions http://banjodesign.co.uk/terms-conditions/ and other agreements.
Where I have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of my site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. I ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although I will do my best to protect your personal data, I cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to my site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once I have received your information, I will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask me not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. I will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if I intend to use your data for such purposes. You will be asked to consent to such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms I use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right to ask me not to use your personal data for such purposes at any time by contacting me by email.
My site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of my partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that I do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
or by post to:
48 West George Street